|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Tips & Tricks For help with file formats, viruses, security, etc. This section is not for questions about problems with Gnutella program clients, downloading, connecting, etc.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Free products to kill all nasties! and speed up computer! to be safe :D
Some free programs ALL tested personally except for one!
The basics to be safe :
1. A firewall: Sygate Personal Firewall (available @ www.filehippo.com not sure), ZoneAlarm Free,Kerio personal firewall,Tiny personal firewall, agnitum outpost firewall whatever floats your boat but doesnt drive you crazy...
2. For the unexperienced (Warning i have not tested it, it is a beta version, for those who have no virus protection or firewall and aren't very good with those kinda things) (Warning do not download if you have other protection like norton or avast or whatever this is for people with new computers or who think there current things are too complicated) Windows One Care Live live with a firewall, antispyware and antivirus solutions... its free for now
3. Registry Cleaner or Cleaners: Easycleaner pretty good clears out alot of useless crap, ccleaner (HIGHLY recomended got rid of over 500mb first time used also has registry cleaner which is alrighty do) and a highly recomended registry cleaner RegSeeker which found over 400 entries after using reg cleaner and ccleaner
4. The oh so terrible spyware protection...ms antispyware, adaware, spybot, ewido, arovax antispyware .. all free all good
5. Antivirus solutions: Avg(good) , antivirus free personal edition, bit defender 8 free edition (many updates but no on access protection for the free edition), Avast! woot on access protection good (slow) scanner with lots of program and virus updates,
6. For trojans and rootkits and other malware, f-secure blacklight beta works pretty good for rootkits, ewido once again(its Mazing like that chocolate bar on that commercial you know where the 2 guys are in that tube thingy going up and down its hilarious lol) , a-squared free has lots of definitions like ewido and LOTS of updates!!!!!!!!!! also windows malicious software removal if your systems truly messed up with something bad lol
7. Firefox or mozilla or opera or w.e well you know...... that have less malware, spyware and viruses... highly recomended
8. Things to stop well crap from getting on your computer in the first place... spyware guard, spyware blaster, arovax sheild (oops i mean shield remember kids i before e except after c... :P) also hijackthis! and a-squared hijackfree from emnisoft it's a nice change which gives you a look on whats good and what's bad... more user friendly then hijackthis!
9. Just to keep ur computer running fine.. keep it defragged also with Ram Def 2.71 EXTREME very fast very usefull lol and crap cleaner (ccleaner mentioned above) and reg seeker also to remove things slowing your computer down
10. THE MOST IMPORTANT ALL IN ONE WORKS ON EVERY COMPUTER DR WINDOWS!!!!!!!... ( really want to have a good laugh download this i guarentee you'll get frusterated with it but can easily be closed has no spyware, malware, trojans or anything... i downloaded it and found nothing please tell me if it does so i can take it off the forum lol ) it is a joke antivirus thing that does absolutely nothing get the newest version now look it up on google fool ur relatives and friends! fool the computer guy who freaks at viruses or whoever it is completely awesome
even if you think its dumb give it a try it wont do anything it says it does dont worry (what i mean by that one message is..... you moved ur mouse you must restart ur computer LOL and many more)
to be safe download some of these i will update it if i test any more or learn more about these
Last edited by canadaXD; January 2nd, 2006 at 08:42 AM.
Straight up !
The initial post from canadaXD contained 99% bullsh¡t.
This is fact now as it was then.
I cannot imagine what your purpose is in reviving this thread and I do not care what it is.
The only reason I am now replying to this garbage is to provide a warning to others to NOT BELIEVE one word that is contained in the starting post.
Anyone who is foolish enough to actually 'act' on any of the info contained above is going to simply deceive themselves.
I now lock this thread.
Fusion for REAL!--CDex 1.51--Wackyuses--Bitzi - Check Files Before Download !--.mp3 File Name Change Problems? Try Rename-It!--Alternate PORTS--Avast- Anti-Virus--WindowWasher--IrfanView--PC Pitstop - Test your PC !--Mac OSX Troubleshooting--GO .ape ! - For 'Lossless' Audio Compression--Port :6346 - Test If It Is 'Blocked'--Cole2k Codecs--OldVersion - Newer isn't always better !
Nod32 - Free Virus Scan: Use ESET's Online Antivirus Scanner
Sunni in places, Shi'ite in others...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|viruses, spyware, and other nasties.||banmicrosofttoo||Tips & Tricks||68||May 31st, 2010 03:02 AM|
|I want to know the basics to keeping my computer safe||bestrebounder24||LimeWire Tips and Tricks||2||September 15th, 2006 11:04 PM|
|Free Computer Offer, COMPLETELY LEGIT||mctweek||Windows||1||May 28th, 2005 05:30 AM|
|free amazon gift certificate and free desktop pc from gratis (the free ipod people)||ehd||Open Discussion topics||1||September 2nd, 2004 12:21 PM|