|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Tips & Tricks For help with file formats, viruses, security, etc. This section is not for questions about problems with Gnutella program clients, downloading, connecting, etc.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Making a DVD Video using Nero 7 Premium
This is Nero Vision in Nero7 Premium. Different versions of Nero may have different options.
(Note: This guide has been made for people that do not care about advanced options, but only want to learn how to make a DVD using Nero 7, so they can watch it on Standalone DVD players)
First check what DVD disk formats the DVD Player will play. It will usually say so on the player itself. Look for DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW etc. In case it does not say so on the player, you will find this info in the manual that came with the player, or try google in case you thrashed or lost it.
Nero 7 Premium (Trial version can be found at www.nero.com)
DVD Burner is a must
An empty DVD+R disk (I recommend using Verbatim disks, as they seem to be compatible with almost everything)
At least 5 GB of empty harddisk space. 10 GB would be better
First Open Nero StartSmart and you should get this screen:
After Nero Vision is open Follow these steps:
Where it says DVD in the lower right corner of the picture above, choose the kind you have. DVD is the normal 4.7GB DVDs. DVD-9 is the dual layer 8.5GB DVDs. These are more expensive, but if coding a long video for burning (eg. more than 2 hours) you will most likely get a better quality burn, because Nero won't have to worsen the quality to get the files to fit on the DVD.
If you have more than one file, add them in sequential order (eg. first CD1 then CD2 etc.) If the files have the same aspect ratio, you will be asked whether Nero should join the files to play as one. Choose depending on how you want the disk set up.
Continued in next post
Last edited by Sleepless; December 7th, 2006 at 05:50 PM.
Continued from first post
You can create chapters if you want, but it is not important. If happy with your choises press next and you get to the Menu setup screen. if you press "More" here you get the options below, which are really down to user preference, but I think you should know where they are.
Unless you want to make changes, just press next until it says Burn (You are welcome to set menu up differently etc. but this is not necessary, so I won't include it here). On that screen make sure Nero has chosen the right device (drive), choose the correct speed setting for your burn and name the Disk if desired.
Just put your empty DVD+R or DVD-R in the burner (Some DVD Players Have problems playing DVD-RW and DVD-R). Start the program (Press Burn) and leave it alone until finished.
It takes a while to convert+burn (approx 2 hours depending on how fast your computer is and the combined length of all video files added + your chosen setting (1 or 2-pass))
DO NOT run any other programs while making it. Nero Vision draws every drop of juice out of your processor while converting (100% CPU)
Hope this helps
Last edited by Sleepless; February 16th, 2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: typo
Hi i am new so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. You seem to know exactly what to do please help. I have a video it has no chapters to load to photobucket or such I can only have 5 minutes . how do i make like..mini movies from my movie?
I just brought the Nero 7 Ultra Edition today. I followed your instructions to the letter. How Come it takes so long to burn an AVI file. With Nero 6 it would take half the time that Nero 7 does. Is there a different more quicker way?????
interesting...I found it to be the opposite...and let's clarify some things:
you use the word burn, when you actually meant transcode...and that is pretty much totally dependent upon the speed of your cpu and the amount of ram you have...if you've got some sort of application running in the background that is sucking away resources that will indeed make a difference, as will continually surfing online or doing massive downloading...
I've got a 2.8GHz P4 OC'd to 3.01GHz with 2GB of ram...it takes on the average an hour to transcode and burn a typical .avi file and I burn @ 8x to make sure that it turns out good
anywho, I've got nothing but good things to say about Nero7, though to be specific I use the Ultra version...
So Long and Thanks for All the Files
Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This
Making a DV Video
Thanks for the info. I will try it. I am going to follow your suggestion about the Verbatum disks..........great tip. I didn't follow these instructions the first time, however. I do have the Nero 6, not 7 version. I hope that doesn't matter. The DVD I am trying to play is a downloaded movie. I will try to find out what DVD format my player uses. Thanks for all the great tips...........:xirokrot ima:
Butting right in here...
May I suggest that you have a long slow peruse of Nero 7 before you give up on Nero 6.
Also, note that there has actually been another update for Nero 6... It's from end of March 2007... Grab it. Ooooh, and be sure to update the manual as well. The update only applies to the base program, not Vision Express.
Me, I am staying with ver 6 until there is a real change for the better in 7.
Fusion for REAL!--CDex 1.51--Wackyuses--Bitzi - Check Files Before Download !--.mp3 File Name Change Problems? Try Rename-It!--Alternate PORTS--Avast- Anti-Virus--WindowWasher--IrfanView--PC Pitstop - Test your PC !--Mac OSX Troubleshooting--GO .ape ! - For 'Lossless' Audio Compression--Port :6346 - Test If It Is 'Blocked'--Cole2k Codecs--OldVersion - Newer isn't always better !
Nod32 - Free Virus Scan: Use ESET's Online Antivirus Scanner
Sunni in places, Shi'ite in others...
hope i'm not butting in here, but, i have nero 6, and find it leaves a wiggly line on bottom of screen on movies i burn. heard of others with same problem. i like dvd santa. full screen picture and there is a free download version that lasts indefinitely. i would also recommend getting a divex player for watching dvd,s, for about twenty bucks more, they play every kind of dvd and cd.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Making an Audio CD using Nero 7 - Nero Express||Sleepless||Tips & Tricks||8||January 12th, 2007 10:36 AM|
|Nero 7 Premium update not wise !!!||Sleepless||Open Discussion topics||0||July 5th, 2006 04:18 PM|
|1st time making a MP3 cd w/ nero||kbearmoney||Tips & Tricks||5||July 21st, 2005 10:56 AM|
|What's a good program for making a music video?||bestnamesrtaken||Tips & Tricks||3||October 8th, 2004 10:37 AM|