|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|User Experience Tell us what you like/dislike about XoloX. XoloX has been discontinued. We highly recommend you use an actively developed client instead.|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
1.12 and Windows 2000 problems? Just me?
I really like XoloX in terms of what it does when it is working, but I get BSODs every single time I use the program for more than 20 minutes or so.
I can CONNECT and DOWNLOAD files just fine. My connection is fast and pretty much open, I don't have any speed or strict completion problems.
The problem is that if XoloX runs for more than 20-30 minutes I get fatal exceptions (BSOD) and have to reboot. If I leave the computer while it's downloading it will automatically reboot.
Unfortunately I do not have the specific BSOD codes available. They're memory errors I believe, but I'd have to read one out to be sure and I don't want to crash my system just to write one down.
Here's my system specs, and it's pretty complete because I never know just what might be causing the problem/conflict:
OS: Windows2000 (latest service packs, etc.)
MB: ASUS A7V (damned VIA chipset)
CPU: AMD 1Ghz TB
RAM: 256MB PC133
HDD1: 20GB HDD (system disk)
HDD2: 45GB HDD (data disk)
VC: GeForce2 Deluxe
SC: Soundblaster Live! 256
CD: Yamaha DVD-ROM
NIC: Linksys 10/100 PCI
USB memory stick reader
RIO MP3 player uplink cable (parallel port attachment)
All drivers are latest including the BIOS. OS is current as well. I don't run any background applications except for WinkeyKill. I run antivirus software on an individual basis when doing anything specific/intensive, so it's not that.
One other point perhaps worth mentioning:
I installed the program on the primary disk (C but the download directories are on the data disk (D. Having an Apps disk and a Data disk is a habit I got into after using Wi*** and having it ruin all my data occasionally. Keeping data on one disk and system files/apps on another has really saved me in cases where the system goes kablooie. Could having the program on one physical disk and the data on another be causing these problems?
I connect to the interent via a cable modem through a proxy server.
Like I said, when XoloX works, it's fantastic- I get files off of XoloX that I simply CANNOT get using other gnu and FT clients so I really want to work these problems out.
Well I have a simmilar setup as you do when it comes to hardware. Ver 1.11 had problems but ver 1.12 I can run 7/24 and it's fine.
What you should do is download a ram diagnostic tool from www.simmtester.com run it on your system (user the burn in ).
There is a quite a bit of bad ram out there and it can create querky errors, ....
I saw some posts before about Xolox eating lots of RAM but it doesn't do it on mine at all. It doesn't leak.
I'm running 1.12 and Windows 2000 SP2 with Zone Alarm over NTL broadband. It's as solid as a rock and I can leave it running all day with no problems.
Same for me too....reboot - Access Voilations - with 2kserv sp2 boring pc. run proxy2 and irc client. No problems with bearshare
Xolox is fine with some avi's around 200meg but had real problems with 700meg divx's avi's, seems to keep get some where around 97% then crashes which takes it back into the 80% range but the temp folder continues to grow....was around 1.4. Is the there a problem handling big files
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|windows 2000 firewall problems||SeL||Connection Problems||0||October 30th, 2005 02:44 PM|
|windows 2000 connection problems||rl70||Connection Problems||1||June 10th, 2005 09:05 AM|
|windows 2000 or XP||Boumtje23||Chat - Open Topics - The Lounge||1||May 15th, 2005 07:40 PM|
|Windows 2000 Pro - PLEASE HELP!||Unregistered||Windows||1||February 26th, 2002 08:32 PM|
|Windows 2000||Unregistered||General Windows Support||3||November 13th, 2001 11:17 PM|