|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Windows Problems with installing LimeWire for Windows users|
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Grey Screen after installation, freezing.
I was having a problem (that seems common) with LW, java, and video drivers. I installed limewire 4.10.3 on my new system and couldn't get it to run. The "tip of the day" would be a greyish red and my system would freeze. Other users posted fixes for the problem reguarding java 1.4 and setting your video drivers to an older version.
I played around with java and my video settings and it turns out it's just a small video setting. If you have this problem, you do not need to install older versions of anything!!!. You need to rightclick the desktop, select "properties" and switch to the "settings" tab. Click "advanced" and find the tab with your video card driver settings. Switch the "Antialiasing settings" to "application controlled" Note: this works for Nvidia drivers, not varified on ATI cards. I also do have the most recent Nvidia drivers (81.98) installed.
The java part, I am unsure of. I installed the 1.4 version of java just to be safe, but I will try the newer version and add to the post later with my results.
UPDATED 1-19-06: Limewire 4.10.3 does work with the newest java! As long as you set the video settings as explained above.
Last edited by Tommybolt; January 19th, 2006 at 07:33 PM.
I'll have to watch this. I went to the settings, but it was already on Application Controlled. As I said in my other posts, this Blackscreen is only sometimes, usually a freshly rebooted system is ok, but one that has been used a while is not (this time for some reason, it was ok even with other apps already running).
I am sorry Tommybolt, after I click "advanced", there is no such thing as a video card driver setting. I have Windows XP. All what I see that might be related to that is a tab calle Intel graphics and this one does not have any settings marked "antialiasing settings". Is it maybe that Windows XP works some other way?
blank screne and freezing with upgrade using Media Player
I thought I had fixed the problem but no. I still get a blank screne after using Windows media player. And, LW freezes on me.
Worst thing I could have done is upgraded to new version. And, why isn't the fix for this in FAQ? Am I just one of the few to experiance this problem? Also, responses to these problems are slow in this forum. Sorry, but I thing the support for LW sucks big time.....
I'm sure you're aware that these are the GNUTELLA FORUMS and not the LimeWire forums,......
The assumption that there is one golden solution for a similar problem users experience is, unfortunately, an old wives tale.
Even at to computers with the exact same configuration any program can act in a different way.
So, this time the "final" solution of the other user didn't work out for you. That means that ther might be a slight difference of your both setups.
I would recommend you reading the post of LOTR in the following thread and try to use the suggestions there to see if your problem can be solved with it:
LW loading blank and how i fixed it.
"Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience"
thanks for the comment
Thanks for posting so fast. I guess I kind of forgot this was a Gnutella forum. My mystake. Actually, I went through the whole process again and it seems to be working now. I don't think I actually activated it before. Thanks, Frank
I solved my problem of the codecs by downloading a codec pack suggestes in the forum. I still have not been able to solve the gray blank screen and the freezing up. I am about to give up on LImeware because after long hours of trying to download PG-13 rated movies I end up with ponographic material not solicited at all. Is there a solution to this?
To eliminate porn results, go tools > options > filters > keywords. Tick 'ignore adult content' > apply. You can also add specific words to the keyword filter if you want.
Before downloading a file, right click > look up file with Bitzi. If the file's been rated, you'll get an idea of it's content & quality. If a file's not rated but you want to take a chance on it anyway, preview after about 10% download. Then you'll see what you're getting & can kill the download if it's not a good file!
For the blank screen issue, did you go through those links that I left in one of your other posts? You could also try deleting your preferences folder when LW's closed, see points 2 & 3 here
Fixes for LimeWire
Have you tried updating your Java? There's a link above for that too
*Deleting the prefs will kill all of your settings within options. You'll have to go back through & reset things afterwards.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help!!!! Grey Screen when using LimeWire!||COMPUTER||Getting Started Using LimeWire||5||July 12th, 2006 12:27 PM|
|Infamous grey screen||Scood||General Windows Support||2||July 3rd, 2006 07:47 PM|
|Grey Searching Screen||Wolve||General Windows Support||26||December 17th, 2005 11:50 PM|
|Grey Screen||DJRoemantz||General Windows Support||1||May 29th, 2005 07:50 AM|
|grey screen||slipdeath||Windows||0||February 19th, 2005 03:49 PM|