View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2007
Devotee

bobsidlow is flying high

could this help from tireboy if so can you translate into simple words and stuff

Okay by no means am I a computer guy ,but after reading forums for three days and a sore butt I seemed to have fixed at least it shutting down. I noticed the same solutions coming up all the time switch to windows basic, delete pre. folder re install , roll back java driver .To tell the truth i didn't understand the java reinstall at all . So I came acrossed this one thread that said even if you shut down windows firewall it was still on.
Here's the my setup,
Windows vista that had Mcaffe uninstalled at best buy and trend micro virus and web root spyware put in, but I think they ripped me for the webroot because trend micro does spyware too but let's not talk about that now.
I passed all the test that people have here and all that stuff .
I'm not telling you I did this because I was smart , I just took a little bit of everybodys advice and did it.

1. Put limewire in advanced search deleted every thing because like most my uninstall did not work.

2. Turned off windows firewall wich in fact will stay on behind the scenes as I found out on the forums.

3. Went to limewire site reinstalled normal no offline or anything.

4. Put firewall in search ,went to advanced pref. settings

5. Went to inbound rules on left column ,down to limewire, now I don't know why but there was 4 on the list and noticed that two had UDP settings and two had TCP settings now on the forums I read about setting up UPNP or UNPN whatever settings about using man. port forwading and stuff. So I changed the TCP to UDP allowed limewire through the allowed list and stuff. Now I don't know if did the wrong thing or not but it can't be worse than port forwarding , right ?

6. Changed to windows vista basic, changed all the little stupid things that vista does with graphics but still looks like vista ,shadows ,scrolling and things. I think I found that stuff through visual settings or something.

7. Changed screensaver to something simple my wife put picture slide on I changed it to bubbles.

8. I moved all my music and videos to another folder because I don't know if it would erase that stuff or not because I don't know about those things. So I moved the stuff back to the shared folder and started it up.

So far everything has been okay one time I went down to starting connection but I think that had to do with my LAN I'm on a wireless set up through the eeither net off a tower 4 miles away. I know I didn't spell eeither right , but I don't know about computers ,typing or the english language either.

I hope this helps somebody. I feel bad for people that have mcaffe because some where on the forums somebody found a patch from their website you can download and fix the problem they had but I would get lost on that one too.

If this does help maybe stick it on other post because, I don't know how to do that either.

Praise be