View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2008
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Someone posted just recently of similar behaviour by their LW. Their answer was installing FrostWire, then using LW, which suggested the Gnutella file they had was out of date. May I suggest you try replacing the one you have (yes I know you tried FW): http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...t-connect.html (DELETE/REPLACE gnutella.net FILE)

Something else to try: (a) Problems with the search, __ (b) Hostiles List, __ (c) In the Connections window, Cancel some of the connections. Some may be duds / spammer UltraPeers (UP's.)

BTW I have suffered same issue as you when trying same searches over multiple days. Stief suggested to me, quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stief
Usually the connections are the problem: I'm connected to too many spam hosts.

Also, UP's drop repeated searches for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure of the timing, but I used to wait 24 hrs before repeating a search. I think that has changed, but I don't know what timings each version of an UP use.

So, bottom line: check filters (consider showing all junk results too), get new connections, or just wait a few hours before using a repeated search term.