View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2013
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt66 View Post
I think winmx 4.9.0 is a clone ; anyway , the first line on my upload page is always exactly the same ;

name; winmx music free exe ;
host ; 66.212.143.109.
Vendor ; orangewire 5 .6 .2

what do you reckon is going on here ??
Interesting question. AFAIK WinMX (Music at least) is a LW 4 clone. I have seen OrangeWire around but only as a bad client. By that I mean the only times I saw them was when one or two spam companies were using that & other software with the same or similar ip address. Why OrangeWire should show up in WinMx I have no idea. I do not recall that from the version I ran but I can recheck it.

As for a previous snapshot of Orangewire being among the clients used for ill-full purposes: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...s-via-phex.png
I'm wondering if you got your WinMx from a different source to mine. In the sample image, the OrangeWire version is 5.6.2 which is possibly similar or equivalent to LPE, except the WinMx version I used was LW 4 equivalent.