Gnutella Forums

Gnutella Forums (
-   Aid to Digital Photography (
-   -   Type Tool in Photoshop CC2019 (

Joe Busuttil May 28th, 2021 12:02 AM

Type Tool in Photoshop CC2019
When I type in a caption to a picture in Photoshop CC2019, the text of the caption shows up with a straight line running through it from left to right.
How to get rid of this line, please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe Busuttil

Lord of the Rings May 28th, 2021 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Open up your Text Character Panel. Photoshop’s Menu bar, choose Type drop-down menu, then Panels and choose Character panel.There you will see to the far right the text has a line through. Simply choose the type of character (button) you want, most likely the unformatted character to the far left as the sample image below shows. The one I highlighted with a yellow circle is obviously the one you are presently set to. Instead choose the one that best suits your purpose, example the one I pointed a red arrow to.

Note: if you already have incorrectly formatted text, you first need to select the text you wish the above method to apply to. Then select the Character panel. (Do you know how to select text that is already typed?)
Thereafter, Photoshop will retain your previous setting(s); Photoshop remembers these kinds of settings between sessions.

Attachment 7031

Joe Busuttil May 30th, 2021 01:41 PM

Type Tool in photoshop CC2019
Thank you very much for prompt and detailed reply to my problem with the Type Tool in photoshop.
I have been working hard to follow your method, but unfortunately I am getting stuck somewhere.
Will elaborate tomorrow, but am sending this message as I want to make sure that I thank you without further delay for your long-lasting patience and kindness.

Goodnight and regards.

Joe Busuttil

Lord of the Rings May 30th, 2021 08:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks. Actually I made a small error in my description. All you need to do is click the Strikethrough button (one circled in yellow in above post's image) and the line-through will be removed. These text-formatting buttons are like ON/OFF buttons. Click the button once to turn it on (the button will appear indented) and clicking the button again will turn the button's effects off.

Attachment 7032

In this scenario, you can either select the text using the Typing tool or even just use the Move tool to select the text if you wish it to apply to the entire text.

Typing tool selection: Attachment 7033 OR Move tool selection: Attachment 7034

Then go to your Character Panel & click the Strikethrough button and the line-through-text will vanish.

Attachment 7035

Note: I am referring to the English version of Photoshop. I am not sure what differences there are with other language versions of Photoshop in regards to Panel and Tool names.

Joe Busuttil May 31st, 2021 01:35 PM

The Type Tool in Photoshop
As promised yesterday, I am writing again about your method to solve the problem of unwanted lining across the text I type with the type tool in photosohp.

Am pleased to be able to tell you that the additional explanation you sent me
today has worked very well indeed. In fact, it sovled my problem immediately.

With renewed thanks, wishing you goodnight, and best regards.

Your kindness greatly appreciated.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Copyright 2020 Gnutella Forums.
All Rights Reserved.