Gnutella Forums

Gnutella Forums (
-   Chat - Open Topics - The Lounge (
-   -   Editing a photo (

Joe Busuttil August 9th, 2022 12:07 PM

Editing a photo
How to edit a Photoshop picture that consists of a written text (not an image) that was originally typed in Word?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe B.

Lord of the Rings August 9th, 2022 07:57 PM

Use Photoshop's text editor; select the tool with the letter T. What is the file format of the file?

Illustrator would be a better program for that purpose. From Illustrator you can switch to Photoshop if desired after editing the text. Though Illustrator works well with PDFs. So you might even look at converting your document to PDF if you have Illustrator.

Keep in mind Photoshop creates raster graphics using pixels, while Illustrator creates vector.
Photoshop's Text editor is one of the few tools of Photoshop that deals in vector graphics.

I suppose I should also ask the question why did you wish to use Photoshop for the purpose?
Your thread title is Editing a photo, so I am wondering what you are trying to do?

If the file is MS Word document, then one option to try is to open the document in MS Word or other text program, select the text, copy and paste into a Photoshop document after selecting the Text tool.

Joe Busuttil August 10th, 2022 01:37 PM

Many thanks for your continued support and detailed tips.

I have solved the problem of editing a Word text through Photoshop by thinking about the matter again.
Have found out that I was stupidly saving a Word text by taking a picture of it on my my pc and saving it in the Pictures folder.
The Word text can be edited quite easily as soon as it is saved in the Word folder.
Kind regards. Joe B.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Copyright 2020 Gnutella Forums.
All Rights Reserved.