Gnutella Forums

Gnutella Forums (http://www.gnutellaforums.com/)
-   Feature Requests & Bug Reports (http://www.gnutellaforums.com/feature-requests-bug-reports/)
-   -   A few feature requests (http://www.gnutellaforums.com/feature-requests-bug-reports/92705-few-feature-requests.html)

Lord of the Rings July 2nd, 2009 08:11 PM

A few feature requests
 
1. Any chance of adopting a system to add files to Bitzi directly from Phex itself? AFAIK no new development has been done on Bitzi Bitcollider Utility for 3-4+ years which is a major shame. jBitcollider could be a possibility since it's java based. AFAIK Phex would be the first program to adopt such a feature if it did, but would be a cool feature to add for users as a tool within their library.

2. A Keyword filter to save into a document within preferences. At present Phex's search filter is fantastic, however would be good to be able to auto-filter out certain terms to assist in weeding out spam.

3. Including multi protocols for browsing different gnutella client types. I suspect some use a slightly different protocol. Correct me if I am wrong there. And ability to by-pass Shareaza/Bearshare's no browse option. :p lol :D

BTW .. not sure if it's because I had Phex 3.4.2.124 on my system but 3.4.2.116 refused to open on my OSX 10.5.7 ... 3.4.2.124 opens fine.

arne_bab July 3rd, 2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings (Post 345581)
1. Any chance of adopting a system to add files to Bitzi directly from Phex itself?

Sadly I can't say much about this... Bitzi sounded nice in the beginning, but I had the feeling that it always lacked attention by its maintainers.

It shouldn't be too hard to do, though. Would sap time from other areas, though...

Quote:

2. A Keyword filter to save into a document within preferences. At present Phex's search filter is fantastic, however would be good to be able to auto-filter out certain terms to assist in weeding out spam.
If I understood your wish correctly, this already exists: Just add a filter-rule and set it to "always on" (last pane of the rule-add wizard).

What's missing is saving the rules to a file and importing rules-files.

Quote:

3. Including multi protocols for browsing different gnutella client types. I suspect some use a slightly different protocol.
Some have additional features, but all of them should be completely interoperable. And not being browsable is a decision of the client developers... We can't do much about it.

Quote:

BTW .. not sure if it's because I had Phex 3.4.2.124 on my system but 3.4.2.116 refused to open on my OSX 10.5.7 ... 3.4.2.124 opens fine.
That's strange... I can't really check it, though, because I don't have a Mac anymore (and I only use the SVN version of Phex).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Copyright 2020 Gnutella Forums.
All Rights Reserved.