Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 27th, 2007
luis eagle luis eagle is offline
luis eagle
 
Join Date: November 20th, 2007
Location: sc charleston
Posts: 5
luis eagle is flying high
Default My Limewire Shows Firewall, I Get Lots Of Transfer Interrupted & Upload Limit Reached

I Use Windows Xp
Limewire Pro 4.12.3
I Changed My Settings With The Strings Written In This Form

But My Limewire Still Shows That I Have A Firewall

In Downloading, I Can Only Down Load 1 To 3 Files At A Time And If I Download More Then 3 It Goes To 0 Kbs

In Uploads It Has Lots Of Transfer Interrupted Statements And Lots Of Upload Limit Reached And The Ones That Say Complete Not All Are At 100%



I Can Download And People Can Upload But I Know That My Limewire Is Not Working Effectively.

I Tryed To Remove The Firewall For I Think Its What Is Effecting Me And Others Trying To Get Files From Me

1) Is Their A Program That Can Tell Me Which Firewall Is On
2) How To Solve This Problem
3) I Just Want Limewire To Work Efficently



Thank You
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old November 28th, 2007
wondering why's Avatar
wondering why wondering why is offline
You caught my eye
 
Join Date: September 11th, 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 6,677
wondering why is just really nice
Default

Could you supply these details please...
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...-you-post.html
__________________


If you dont live for something...
You die for nothing...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old November 30th, 2007
luis eagle luis eagle is offline
luis eagle
 
Join Date: November 20th, 2007
Location: sc charleston
Posts: 5
luis eagle is flying high
Default

1. OS version? windows xp, HOME EDITION, VERSION 2002, SEVICE PACK 2
2. What firewalls you have? AVG VERSION 7.5 FREE
3. How much ram? 448 OF RAM
4. Hard Disk space available? TOTAL 35.7 GB, FREE SPACE 20.1 GB, USED SPACE 15.5 GB
5. Connection type? DSL
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? LINKSYS, WIRELESS-N,BROADBAND ROUTER
7. Where are you trying to connect from? house
8. THE version of LimeWire PRO (4.12.3) & Java do you have? (STANDARD EDITION 6, VERSION 1.6.0)
9. Who is your ISP? (ROAD RUNNER)
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? I GET A NEW PAGE, THATS IT
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. NO
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. THIS IS A NEW PROBLEM WITH AN EXPERIENCED USER, IT STARTED SINCE I HAD A VIRUS WHICH I USED AVG FREE TO CLEAN-UP.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _ YES I SEE A BRICK WALL IN FRONT OF BLUE WORLD ICON
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? AVG FREE 7.5
16. What country are you living in? UNITED STATES, SOUTH CAROLINA




I Changed My Settings With The Strings Written In This Form

But My Limewire Still Shows That I Have A Firewall

In Downloading, I Can Only Down Load 1 To 3 Files At A Time And If I Download More Then 3 It Goes To 0 Kbs

In Uploads It Has Lots Of Transfer Interrupted Statements And Lots Of Upload Limit Reached And The Ones That Say Complete Not All Are At 100%



I Can Download And People Can Upload But I Know That My Limewire Is Not Working Effectively.

I Tryed To Remove The Firewall For I Think Its What Is Effecting Me And Others Trying To Get Files From Me

1) Is Their A Program That Can Tell Me Which Firewall Is On
2) How To Solve This Problem
3) I Just Want Limewire To Work Efficently
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 2nd, 2007
wondering why's Avatar
wondering why wondering why is offline
You caught my eye
 
Join Date: September 11th, 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 6,677
wondering why is just really nice
Default

Try Birdy's advice in this sticky...
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...t-connect.html

If none of that helps, you could try Port Forwarding your modem/router, but you will have to tell me what the model number is...So I can get the instructions you will need to follow...
__________________


If you dont live for something...
You die for nothing...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upload Limit Reached - 1000 file limit; keep increasing Uploads Per Person? sonnet Download/Upload Problems 5 June 27th, 2007 11:15 AM
what does Upload Limit Reached mean? critique Open Discussion topics 1 February 19th, 2006 03:18 AM
upload limit reached- What?? limeysailor Download/Upload Problems 4 August 25th, 2004 10:45 AM
Upload Limit Reached limeuser Download/Upload Problems 0 November 6th, 2001 09:34 PM
Upload Limit Reached fiberman Download/Upload Problems 0 July 23rd, 2001 12:23 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Copyright © 2026 Gnutella Forums
All Rights Reserved