Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 1st, 2007
sheshe5245 sheshe5245 is offline
Novicius
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2007
Posts: 2
sheshe5245 is flying high
Default I can't connect to Lime Wire (no search results)

I have just downloaded Lime wire after giving up on Kazaa. Both have the same problem, that must have somehting to do with either my firewall or my Norton.

They both look like they have downloaded properly, when I connect, it looks like it is connected, however, when I try to search it tell me that it is searching, but nothing ever comes up. I am not very computer literate and would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 1st, 2007
souljaboydanca souljaboydanca is offline
Novicius
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2007
Posts: 3
souljaboydanca is flying high
Default

i dont know. it works fine for me
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 1st, 2007
DjDave DjDave is offline
Novicius
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2007
Posts: 2
DjDave is flying high
Default Firewall

I have the same problem. I think it is my wireless routers firewall, I tried opening the port to allow Limewire to go through but it didn't work. I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if it's something else.
Does anyone know the port opening process?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 3rd, 2007
nickojones nickojones is offline
Gnutella Admirer
 
Join Date: November 23rd, 2007
Location: Windsor, United Kingdom
Posts: 68
nickojones is flying high
Default

I think the problem you are all experiencing lies outside of a firewall. I have a wireless router firewall but it works fine for me. Norton may be different though - anti-virus software may dislike Limewire more than a firewall.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 3rd, 2007
wondering why's Avatar
wondering why wondering why is offline
You caught my eye
 
Join Date: September 11th, 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 6,677
wondering why is just really nice
Default

Router firewalls can certainly stop you from connecting, searching and downloading...

Could you supply these details, that way we can have a closer look at what may be stopping you...
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...-you-post.html
__________________


If you dont live for something...
You die for nothing...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 5th, 2007
DjDave DjDave is offline
Novicius
 
Join Date: December 1st, 2007
Posts: 2
DjDave is flying high
Default

Here are the details I know, my computer is secondhand from a friend and not really top of the line so I'm not 100% on all of them.

1. Windows XP
2. Windows firewall.
3. 20 GB
4. 6 GB
5. cable
6. Motorola modem from shaw.
D-Link WBR-1310 Router
7. Home
8. Limewire 4.14.10 Pro
Java 1.5.0_06
9. Shaw
10. My test worked.
11. I have an XBOX 360 on the same connection.
12. New problem.
13. Yes, the brick wall is there.
14. I have tried both.
15. AVG anti-virus.
16. Canada

Also I contacted my ISP and they said that they don't block LimeWire, and when I hardwire my computer straight into the modem it works fine. This is why I think its the router, but any other ideas are much appreciated.
Thanks
Any help or ideas are appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 5th, 2007
Lord of the Rings's Avatar
Lord of the Rings Lord of the Rings is offline
ContraBanned
 
Join Date: June 30th, 2004
Location: Middle of the ocean apparently (middle earth)
Posts: 717
Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDave View Post
.. problem. I think it is my wireless routers firewall, I tried opening the port to allow Limewire to go through but it didn't work.
Don't always believe what your ISP tells you. Shaw have been known to put stoppers on some p2p users.

Do the following in the sequential order given, instructions 1 thru to 5:

1. Try deleting your LW Preferences folder whilst LW is closed; instructions here: Point #2 & 3 in Fixes for Limewire (sample image included at bottom of page.)

2. XP firewall configuration: Windows Firewall - LimeWire

3. Very first thing you must do when port forwarding is to set up a static ip. If you didn't, your port forwarding won't work once your dynamic ip changes. Thus those port forward rules should be removed & re-done. First set up a static ip: Setting up Static ip for Windows XP

4. Then follow the port forwarding process of setting up the rules in your D-Link: Port Forwarding for the D-Link WBR-1310

5. (a) Problems with the search, __ (b) Hostiles List
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lime Wire 5.1.3 Won't Connect! winmaster Connection Problems 4 July 6th, 2009 03:51 PM
Lime Wire won't connect NPGpolo88 Connection Problems 3 June 26th, 2007 04:30 PM
I Love Lime Wire (no search results) Tabatha773 Download/Upload Problems 1 June 13th, 2007 11:19 AM
Lime Wire Search Parameters Kallisto LimeWire+WireShare Tips and Tricks 1 July 24th, 2006 05:36 PM
Lime wire will not connect? Darren.Bennetts Connection Problems 1 February 13th, 2004 11:47 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Copyright © 2026 Gnutella Forums
All Rights Reserved