Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Getting Started Using LimeWire + WireShare
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Getting Started Using LimeWire + WireShare Tips on getting started with LimeWire or WireShare. Also a place to seek help getting started. Includes the original LimeWire Pirate Edition thread, with the most up to date LPE installer packages on the internet including File_Girl's LPE version, and WireShare the most upgraded version of them all.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2006
Apprentice

nfranke is flying high
Default relocate my incomplete folder?

hello.

i shifted my shared and incomplete folders to a different location (a different drive), but i can't find where to tell Limewire. It sets up a new Incomplete folder in the old spot instead. Any idea?

thanks

n
Old October 4th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I think you'll find there will be 2 incomplete folders. One in the old location & another in the new one. New downloads will go to the new incomplete folder. In my experience the older incompletes are also moved, but some people have told me this is not necessarily the case.
Old October 4th, 2006
Apprentice

nfranke is flying high

but how do i move the folder in the first place? i mean, i can shift it around on my hard drive all i want, but limewire doesn't seem to care much. it continues to use the old one and thats it. normally i would expect some of my limewire preferences to do the job, just i can't find anything in limewire preferences that seems to.
Old October 4th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Tools>Options>Saving. If you change the location of the download folder, then LW will create a new incomplete folder in the new location. On windows it might be a level up in the directory in comparison to the downld folder location. One way to be sure is search incomplete on your computer on "all" drives. Also, try downlding a new file & see where the new incomplete file goes.

BTW you should normally not manually change the location of the incomplete folder by dragging it elsewhere, etc.

BTW these links may or may not be helpful: See How to Change download location (click on link) (specific for folders)

How to move downloads to new location
Old October 5th, 2006
Apprentice

nfranke is flying high

right, that did it. thanks a lot.