Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2006
Novicius

nickyn99 is flying high
Default burned cd skipping

Hello all,
I recently have downloaded some music from Limewire. When played back on my computer it plays fine but after burning to a cd (13 songs) and playing it back on numerous cd players certain songs skip. I even burned at the lowest speed possible if that makes a difference. Has this happened to anyone else or have any ideas why this is happening. First time for me and have been using Limewire for about a year now.

Thanks in advance
Old April 20th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Try a different brand CD. Or try a lower speed CD. Try one that burns from 1x to 16x instead of using the 30 or 50 speed disks. Also give your CD players a clean. If they pick up dust they will start to skip on cd's. Clean the laser using a cd cleaning disk.
Old May 30th, 2006
Novicius

rhb390 is flying high

Nick, the same thing is happening to me. I burned multiple CDs and the same tracks are skipping at the exact same time on each cd regardless of burn speed. I also noticed that I can play the mp3s on winamp and windows media player, with no skipping, however when I preview the tracks on Nero prior to burning, they skip at the exact same spots in the preview tracks as they did on the cds that I burned. These are recently downloaded new release cds. I wonder if there is a security measure being built in to deter fraudulent cd production, because it is only these recently downloaded tracks that are skipping... previously downloaded tracks don't skip at all. I am thinking of trying different burning software. I am presently using Nero 7 premium... what are you using?
Old May 31st, 2006
65 million years behind

Guana77664 is flying high

I've had trouble with downloaded songs skipping in playback whenever I used LimeWire's media player. When I switched to Windows Media Player 10 (now upgraded to 11), I could play back the same songs and they wouldn't skip. So it depends on your media player, your CD-RW player, and your CD-R or CD-RW discs. I've burned some CD-R discs with glitched tracks, but that was because I got a glitched download to begin with.