Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > General Windows Support
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

General Windows Support For questions about Windows issues regarding LimeWire or WireShare or related questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2005
Apprentice

hillneerg is flying high
Question Limewire window not responding to mouse

A strange thing just happened. I haven't done anything to alter the PC and it was running fine just the day before. I opened limewire and clicked "file" to connect and no drop-down menu. In fact, although the various boxes show they have recognised that the curser is over them, clicking the mouse does nothing. The mouse is working fine with everything else - just that limewire won't respond. I have checked for virus etc and the PC is clean. I have tried re-installing and that makes no difference.
The only thing I did was to run Limewire and WinMx at the same time (which I have done benore without problems) and updated by TrendMicro virus pattern file and read my e-mails. No response to a right or left click at all.
Can anyone suggest what could have happened. As I say, the mouse is fine with all other programs.
Very confusing.
Hillneerg
Old April 9th, 2005
Lost In Time

fabion is flying high

Have you checked your java. LimeWire uses Java.
Old April 9th, 2005
Apprentice

hillneerg is flying high

Well it was working two days ago because I was using Limewire fine BUT on looking at the java icon in cotrol panel and opening it, that doesn't respond either so you may have something there. I'll re-download the Java and see what happens. Can't think what could have altered anything but that's PCs for you.
I'll let you know.
Hillneerg
Old April 9th, 2005
Apprentice

hillneerg is flying high

Sorry, missed the second reply whilst responding to the first. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Limewire and also deleting the .limewire folder but no change. I have also made no changes to anything and have the latest version of Java installed (Sun v1.5.0._02) - installed just a few weeks ago and Limewire was running ok.
As I sad in my last reply, the java window isn't responding to the mouse either (yes, I have tried another mouse just in case).
Hillneerg
Old April 9th, 2005
Lost In Time

fabion is flying high

close LimeWire

In control panel>add or remove programs. Remove J2SE Runtime Envirment then d/l to desktop and install from there

then restart limewire and check your mouse
Old April 10th, 2005
Apprentice

hillneerg is flying high
Thumbs up

Well I found the java in the add/remove (update 1 and update 2) so I clicked on the first one and it asked if I wanted to modify or remove. Oops I clicked "modify" instead. Anyway, it ran through its paces so I though I would try the java console again and, blow me down, it responded. I tried Limewire and that's working again too
I think I will leave it alone now. Obviously something had damaged the Java installation as you thought
I have kept your instructions in case it happens again.
Thanks, I would never have suspected the Java.
Hillneerg