Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Connection Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire or WireShare program connecting to the Gnutella network. (not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)

Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2006
Apprentice

choclateguy85 is flying high
Default using proxy settings but can't get connected to limewire

Hi there , guyzz im really in a need of ggreat help. I use proxy setting for my internet but can't connect to limewire . I have done everything to connect it .I have given HTTP proxy settings in the advance -> proxy optons of the limewire, i have also installed offline java runtime but of no use . Limewire still gives me the message "still connecting" when i perform any search ... plzzzzzzzzzzz help me in this matter ......................................thanxxxxxxxx xxxxx
Old December 2nd, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I know little if anything about proxies. But I can point you to proxy methods. A Fix for those whose ISP's block Limewire particularly page 2 which has links to alternative instructions.

AFAIK you need to try different proxies until you find one that both connects & offers some reasonable speed.
Old December 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

Thanx but this does.nt solve my problem.........................plzzzzzzz help me
Old December 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

I have tried several proxies but of no avail.......................any one who can help me
Old December 3rd, 2006
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

use a socks4 or sockss5 proxy....if you search this forum for 'proxy' you will find a fairly recent post that I responded to that details how to set up for a proxy...

you will most likely have to try various proxies until you find one that works

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This
Old December 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

what post ure talking abt my friend
Old December 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

I have tried almost 50 different proxies but of no avail.........................every thing failed giving me message STILL CONNECTING when i perform any search
Old December 3rd, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclateguy85
what post ure talking abt my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless
use a socks4 or sockss5 proxy....if you search this forum for 'proxy' you will find a fairly recent post that I responded to that details how to set up for a proxy...

you will most likely have to try various proxies until you find one that works
Use the search function. The advanced one & put peerless as author.
Old December 3rd, 2006
Apprentice

Guyzzzzzzzzzz no Success plzzzzzzzzzzz do something ................i have tried every thing u told but no succes
Old December 4th, 2006
ContraBanned

As previously mentioned, I don't know about proxies. Some tips http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...hlight=prox%2A

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...hlight=prox%2A

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...hlight=prox%2A

Here's some proxy types that have worked:
(a) Another Insight proxy solution

(b) http proxies, _________ (c) A Successful http Proxy Solution _________ (d) HTTP proxy blocks P2P - This one worked!!!

SecureX http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...t=55461&page=5

BTW who is your ISP? I suppose you're convinced they are blocking p2p programs right? Have you tried another gnutella program such as Phex to see if you have the same problems.