Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > General Windows Support
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

General Windows Support For questions about Windows issues regarding LimeWire or WireShare or related questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2006
Novicius

bdubich is flying high
Default why wont avi work? stuck with mpg

i love limewire but i am stuck with mpg movies and there seems to be a better selection with avi but i can never get avi to work. is there anyway i can get avi to actually play? can anybody help me?
Old October 15th, 2006
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

What player are you using? Do you get an error message when you try to play an avi file? Maybe your player needs codecs?

Click on the link below, it has further links to codecs & also VLC player (it's free & has codecs installed)...it will play most file types:wink: Just use the nearest mirror site for download
Codecs & VLC
Old October 17th, 2006
Novicius

Kevin61588 is flying high

Most .avi files available on Limewire use the DivX codec, which is free from the divx web site. DivX .avi's (at least the one's I've seen) have MUCH higher quality for the same file size