Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > Download/Upload Problems
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

Download/Upload Problems Problems with downloading or uploading files through the Gnutella network.
* Please specify whether the file problem is a Gnutella network shared file OR a Torrent file. *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2004
Novicius

evelyn12345 is flying high
Default die t3's

i am trying to dwnld this one song: [Edit] and i have dwnloaded like 10 diferen ones and they all turn out to just be 20 minutes of nothing when they play on itunes.

they were all rom t3 connections and i agree with whoeva said we should be able to block them (plz limewire pplz)

i really want this song

and i also hate the ppls who share the files that are like t_h_i_s they all turn out to be advertising,dont load any of them (i mean it)

if any1 can tell me how i can get this song i would appreciate it

thanks for listening peeps

Last edited by ursula; November 9th, 2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old November 9th, 2004
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Well, try dwnlding from alternate connection types. Also vary your search criteria, search by band or song or album, or all in the general search. Not everybody labels their files correctly so using different types of search & search criteria can help you to find different sources.
Old November 10th, 2004
The Soulforged

murasame is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Also, and this is very important, don't look down upon modem users just because they can't get you high speeds: they are probably the ones that have the right files at the moment.
ADSL anything from 3 to 8Mbps/around 1024kbps

"Raise your can of Beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have passed us by
The Golden Age Of Leather"
-Blue Öyster Cult-
Old November 16th, 2004
Zetch

I'm thinking that when you block a host, that it only blocks their ability to send you chat messages....I think I read that in a tip of the day. So please don't anyone be too reliant on that to filter out junk until you check it out for sure.

Not to mention the fact that I have tried blocking the 106.7 wmv carriers and actually kept track of their IP's to see if they came back up in the next search, after the block host, and they still did. I'm thinking there is a false sense of security with this feature and that limewire really should do a block host that actually blocks them from participating in your search.
Old November 17th, 2004

trap_jaw4 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Zetch
Not to mention the fact that I have tried blocking the 106.7 wmv carriers and actually kept track of their IP's to see if they came back up in the next search, after the block host, and they still did. I'm thinking there is a false sense of security with this feature and that limewire really should do a block host that actually blocks them from participating in your search.
Those spammers are using multiple IP addresses and there IP addresses are changing every now and then, - LimeWire cannot block them that easily.
Old May 12th, 2005
Novicius

asdqwe is flying high

not all t1/t3 users are bad
ie. i have maxed my upload at 243KBps
thats almost double t1 speed
im only on dsl :P

my friend has a comcast t1x though some special thing his dad has cuz he works at comcast. his upload ive seen go as high as 1350KBps (no thats not Kbps)
thats definatly worth saying thats a T3+ seeder :P

seems like a big rant just to say they arent all bad, but whatever floats your boat
Old May 13th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I was never saying they're all bad! Just that there's a no. out there that are deliberately targeting the most popular music files. They can be recognised via the file size versus the bit-rate. It takes some concentration & observance. So who would want to put corrupt files up to kill the enthusiasm of downlders. Let's guess.
But I agree, T3's are not all bad & this attention seems to only be needed to apply to music. And you'll find some damned good healthy music comes from T3 sources. Just need to be careful & observant that's all! Yep T3's are faster than T1, at least potentially. At least a couple of the mods on the forum are T3 users for a start. lol
Old May 15th, 2005
PeterSSK

My problem is that i can't get results cause all it finds is spammers files T3 OR HIGHER and they usually have no other sources

so im thinking maybe filter out files with no
other sources??
Old May 15th, 2005
ContraBanned

PeterSSK see autogenerated spam results which might help explain a few things & what to watch out for. They become obvious after a while. (The bulk of spam comes from T1.)
Old May 18th, 2005
longjump

Default Isolating those nasty T3's

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
I was never saying they're all bad! Just that there's a no. out there that are deliberately targeting the most popular music files. They can be recognised via the file size versus the bit-rate. It takes some concentration & observance. So who would want to put corrupt files up to kill the enthusiasm of downlders. Let's guess.
But I agree, T3's are not all bad & this attention seems to only be needed to apply to music. And you'll find some damned good healthy music comes from T3 sources.
I agree 1 hunnerd percent. Unfortunately, since they took away the arrow allowing us to look at individual files w/in grouped search results, it's awfully hard to isolate the good'ns from the T3 baddies. [At least in my Limewire 4.0.10--I'm on Mac Classic so I can't go any higher--yeah I know, upgrade already, I will, I will]

I've seen some posts from you and others re the loss of this feature, and how the installer asks you about grouping but Options offer no adjustment. Anybody have any tips on how to isolate modem/cable/dsl files when they're grouped w/ corrupt T3's? Do I have to reinstall Limewire and opt out of grouping altogether? That'd suk, as grouping is great in most situations.

-Longjump

P.S. - Just wondering: everybody seems to be blaming RIAA for the corrupt mp3's. Is this an assumption or has somebody actually read this somewhere? My first thought was that record labels themselves must be the corrupt-file flooders, judging by which songs get flooded. Also it's not limited to USA domestic songs--I had the same problem w/ a French song that was big in Europe, not USA. Also I dunno a whole lot about the record biz but I assume the big labels have much more resources, and can move faster, than the RIAA. Kinda like the difference between the Bush admin. and the U.N.