Gnutella Forums  

Go Back   Gnutella Forums > Current Gnutella Client Forums > LimeWire+WireShare (Cross-platform) > Technical Support > General Mac OSX Support
Register FAQ The Twelve Commandments Members List Calendar Arcade Find the Best VPN Today's Posts

General Mac OSX Support For general issues regarding Mac OS X users

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2005
Novicius

liam_or_him is flying high
Default disconnected limewire

I'm running 10.15 and I've recently upgraded to limewire 4.26. After a short time, maybe 10 mins I get a dialogue box saying limewire "cannot connect to server, check internet connection or you might be behind a firewall". My internet connection seems to stop, even though its still on and i dont have a firewall.
Any suggestions?

Liam
Old January 12th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Can you give us some xtra info.:

1. How much ram do you have?
2. HDD space available?
3. Connection type?
4. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
5. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
Old January 15th, 2005
Novicius

liam_or_him is flying high

I've got 640 RAM,
about 10gig left on my hard drive,
Using a 56k modem, no idea what the manufacture is, its the one inside the tower,
I'm using it at home
Old January 15th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

As a dial up user you should not operate as an Ultrapeer. Go to LW's Prefs>Speed & tick Disable UP capabilities & press the Apply button.

Don't use the Resume/Find Sources function on many (if any files) at a time. Especially on dial up. Doing it on many files will have side-fx; your downlds will queue up for much much longer than usual. Also your LW connection quality would be affected & on dial up could drop right down to the red.

If you wish to continue downlds, do searches for their topics again if needed. This is the 'Best' & most effective way to find sources & new/fresh sources for your downlds.

After opening LW, let it settle before you do any searching. Depending on how many shared files & how many incomplete files you have this may take some time.

Some hints: A well set-up LW can start to automatically continue its dwnlding after it's settled down perhaps 2 out of 3 times you open LW. Optimising LW & Maximising Uplds & Dwnlds A (1st post only) & also Part B which is even better & last & least are search & dwnld hints. The latter one I've been thinking about re-writing for some time. That's just for playing it safe. eg- I show all speeds & qualities.