View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2004
Novicius

Dancin' Dave is flying high
Unhappy

I'm on a Mac, and I can't select multiple file types. Every time I shift-click (or Cmd-click, or Ctrl-click), the previous type unselects. I do notice that you mentioned selecting multiple files -- but that's not the subject of my request so I don't know how it applies to this thread.

As far as using .jpeg or .exe in a filter, that would do more harm than good. I was looking for a program that (as a simple example) had in the title "works to extract data from .exe and .com files" and was a Mac program stored as a .sit file, then this file would be excluded from the results and this is not what would be useful.

No, to do as i suggested would be the only way to properly filter out the undesired files without filtering out desired content. LW properly identifies the file type so that would be the only safe way to filter out the files. Now if LW wants to give me grep-type filters (i.e., "*.exe" or "abd*.com") then I would say that that would work great, but I doubt we'll get that.

Though that's a great idea itself. Selectable filters, toggling between "merely list of keywords" and "grep-style" (where the order and other characters impacts the results returned).

Basically, the short answer: no, what LW has now can't properly filter the desired files in (or out).