View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2001
Panthera Onca

The Seeker is flying high
Default It would be nice to see how many users...

Quote:
Translated by: The Seeker.
Let's get straight to the point. The program works well but I think it would be nice for users to see how many users are online, or at least how many files are being shared. I don't think it really matters much who is using who..or what nodes/servers we are connected to, but I think it is nice to see how many users/files we are connected to. This can help us make a conscious choice as to bother with a certain search or not. If there are not many users on, it could be a waste of time to search for something at that particular moment.

Two more suggestions & then I will leave the rest to others:

•Perhaps change the icon sizes to a more uniformed smaller look. There is no need for the great color changes on mouse-overs.(lol) A simpler interface would probably reduce the size of program a bit. (Although the images are clearly stretched so the size doesn't matter, looks do count.)

•One great feature lacking in almost all the new peer to peer programs is the showing of bitrates for MP3s. This was one of the best features *cough* the owl/cat *cough* had. Again, it creates the option for people to download or not to download.

Keep up the good work. If you put at least two of these suggestions in, I think you would have the dominating (or at least second best) peer to peer client.
KudOs!