View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I should add to that! Plusses & Minuses of Albumwrapp & alternative individual song separater for album mp3's I hope that answers your question. Apparently there is another type of albumwrap that can't be opened with this particular albumwrap. When I find more about it I'll post it here.

Here's some pointers for those that encode/wrap using Albumwrap & also some things to be aware of for those that downld them: Please follow these Albumwrap Chapter 1 Helpful Wrapping points (click on link)

Alternative to Albumwrap is (a) albaextractor: 1. Link 1, - 2. Link 2, - 3. Link 3, - 4. Link 4
and (b) Mp3Wrap: 1. Link 1, - 2. Link 2, - 3. Link 3, - 4. OSX version Link, - 5. Strictly Linux version Link
and (c) WraptorLab: Info & downld link and (d) M3aExtract and (e) Wrapster / UnWrapper

Splitters (not wrappers but detect silence between songs): 1. Mp3Splt for Windows/Linux (i386 debian package) & MacOSX (AlbumExtractorX) & 2. Mp3directcut / Description & downld A / Desc. & downld B which have Silence detection. And then there's 3. mp3Split

This link seems to have some handy ideas about this topic: "I downloaded an album, but I cant split it!"

Other links for tools: m3aExtract & more
* Mac OS 10.3.9 or later: File Juicer & its mp3/mp4 support is a shareware extractor for many types of multimedia formats. It seems to work with ALBW files that Albumwrap extractor can't handle. A nice alternative considering there's not much in the way of other Mac OSX options.

An additional read for some people is to read Alternative to Albumwrap for artist & album organisation

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; February 15th, 2006 at 05:29 AM.