View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2005
Disciple

vDave420 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings

I also believe that your questionaire poll is rather silly the way it's been set up with limited options. Another mod may come along & adjust it. It is designed for only a highly biased outcome ... . 2 options is not enough! What about the people who totally disagree with your point of view or wording or are mixed somewhere in the middle of the extremes. You make it sound like there are spies out there. And why shouldn't people be allowed to know if someone is sharing "0".
Actually, the poll is quite correct, since the subject being considered is "does LW allow X or not allow X".

The phrasing of it may seem biased, but the limitation of options to just 2 isn't.

The question this poll addresses is simply, "should a user be able to disable the channel of 'Browse Host' as a means by which query hits are sent." Plain & simple. =-)

Note that the option for "I'll get those shared file lists anyway" doesn't really address the actual 'Not allow X' issue, which (to use the poll submitters style fo phrasing) "It doesn't prevent you from seeing my files if you try hard enough, therefore I shouldn't be allowed to prevent you from seeing them based only upon knowledge of my IP address"

-dave-

Last edited by vDave420; May 18th, 2005 at 09:43 AM.