View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2005
FrostWire Developer

ultracross is flying high

1. downloads window should have ATLEAST a right-click option to stop and delete. it would be nice to have this as a button too. reaffirm the action also.

2. if downloads/uploads are below 0 kbps then display the bps. if downloads/uploads are above 1024 kbps then display mbps etc.. because a do sharing on lans too .

3. if any message (like file names etc) are truncated on the rows/columns then a tooltip would help out on not just searches, but download windows too if extended tooltips are enabled.

4. downloads window should show how much has already been downloaded... AGAIN, please convert bits -> kilobytes -> megabytes.. i hate guessing and calculating sizes. when i file reaches 1024 bits, then show kilobytes, when it reaches 1024KB then show MB etc..

5. also to that note ^ (#4) please do the same with the size column.

6. give indicators on the health of each download.

7. other p2p apps have this one: drop-down/ drill search results of multiple hosted files.

8. (should be my #1 request) add bittorrent support. along with that, add ability to create .torrent files. once bittorrent support is added, it will help the content growth of the gnutella network if the files were added to the shared library once completed.

9. azureus has a force-check ability that makes sure the download has completed successfully and completely without errors.

10. azureus has their tabs show the close button on the right instead of the left.. it keeps the windows feel authentic. allthough i like the X.. it just seems allittle jumpy on auzureus.

11. configuration wizard and problem analyzer. this would help out the dumb users lol.

12. auto-update feature. pro users would have to login.

13. priority uploads.

14. ability to unshare sub folders of root share. and also unsharing of individual files. users should also be shown what files are not shared by displaying them as being red. (the color coding logic is currently effed up/makes no sense) and unshared folders/subfolders will be red too.

the library should also have a little information telling how many files/folders are being shared and unshared. and how many KB/MB/GB they are sharing and not sharing.

15. on the monitor tab, why does the incoming searches take up SO MUCH DAMN SPACE! if all its going to show me is a streaming list of words that cannot be more than 30 characters long, THEN WHY IS IT SO MASSIVE! it is vertically resizable, yes, but the horizontal needs to be looked at a bit more logically.

16. does the "whats new" feature _really_ have to take up a whole tab?

--this is starting to become a rant lol--

17. azureus has a feature that allows the setting of download/upload speeds on individual files.

18. just download auzureus and try it out... i think you will find many features i havent touched on yet (although a few were just rants lol)

MANY more suggested features i have i have not said here are on this forum but have either been dismissed or overlooked.. or just plain missed. but my lists are far from complete. limewire still has alot to do before im completely satisfied. you can use the search my posts by profile.

[edit - here is my profile of posts: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/search...r&userid=34813 ]

Last edited by ultracross; June 6th, 2005 at 10:39 PM.