View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2005
Disciple

Comrade Fidel is flying high

Hi GregorK,

Thanks for your response. Ok, first thing I noticed, there are a lot of errors in the phex.error.log file. Phex seems to be looking for non-existant directories on my system.

One of them is a directory which used to exist, but which no longer does (I renamed that shared directory when I found a mispelling in the name).

The other directories are more interesting because they never existed, so I'm not sure how Phex is getting the idea that they did.

In each case, the error reported is Error/LIBRARY_SCANNER: 'C:\folder\folder' is not a directory.

Where "folder" of course is the actual folder it was looking for. The cases where Phex seems to be investing directories which don't and never existed seems to be more interesting. All I can tell you is that the directorory is formed partially from the name of a file that used to be in that directory, and Phex is then adding something such as \CD1 or \Sample to the filename or partial filename. This does not seem to make any sense at all.

There are a block of these 'not a directory' errors which occur once every minute.

Its hard to say how many files I'm sharing (is there a way in Phex to find this out), but it would be over a thousand, across quite a number of folders (most of which are set to share subfolders), for a total of several gigabytes.

As for the settings I'm using, I allow Phex 10 maximum downloads, 50 max downloads per file, 16kb initial download segment, 90 seconds target time per segment, and 30 seconds push timeout. Downloading in throttled to near but not quite my bandwidth.

For uploading I allow a maximum of five parallel uploads (1 per host), sharing partial files enabled but not browsing of directories. I allow up to 10 in the queue, and return up to 64 search hits. Uploading is also throttled to optimise bandwidth usage for long term use.

I hope some of this info helps!

Thanks,
Fidel

Quote:
Originally posted by GregorK
Hi...

to the CPU issue:

How many files are you two sharing?

What are your download settings on "Total parallel downloads" and "Max downloads per file"

Usually these values influence CPU usage very much.

to the download issue:
Can you check in the task manager how many threads Phex uses when it downloads normaly and how many it uses when it stops downloading.
Also can you look into your phex.error.log file if there are any error messages during the time Phex stops downloading.

Gregor