View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2005
banished

Default Re: Re: really

Quote:
Originally posted by kmag
Once the LW developers are convinced that a new version is good to go, they'll trigger a message that there is a new version available. If the update message is for beta versions of LW, and your client is set to ignore beta updates, then you won't get notified. There isn't a way to turn off notification of new official versions of LW.
Hi, thanks for your answer, very kind of you...
but as you may well have read above; this isn't a concern about updates anymore...
I am experiencing very low transfer rates; at most, 5 kb/s(that's what i see on bottom of my limewire now)... This is an insult to my connection speed which may exceed 512kb/s... and it really used to exceed this figures the first days i was using limewire... But now, it's all so tiresome.
I've tried them all, there's really nothing left to be done; no way that i can't control my firewall; my firewall is very obedient and does exactly what i tell it to do. but my downloads creep at the speed of a snail.
Is there anybody that can give me a clue?
It might even be my internet provider that maybe has understood i am using a p2p prgm and that i am sharing files with others; but it wouldn't be a problem at all, i guess, since i don't have any download limits in my contract. And for more, all other downloads work just fine!
Anybody can help me? I'd be very grateful... please?