View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2005
Novicius

Sigmagraphics is flying high

Thank you Hobo - I got a little hot under the collar - still have not had any replies from LW.
I use a powerbook G4. OS X.
I friend introduced me to LimeWire and I was truly happy with the first downloaded version. It was easy to figure out and I although I have never downloaded even one piece of music before, I soon had a good selection of favouirite songs. I leave the computer on over night as I live in Spain, and obviously have to wait for the USA to wake up as each night I was downloading forty or so songs. Because of this I paid for the Pro Version to say thank you for the prog. Can't remember what I paid but I would think it would be around 20 Euros say 18 dollars.
I downloaded the Pro version and since that day have only downloaded 10 songs. I have cleared my chosen downloads and reselected them. All are popular country western with loads of sources, but I get O Kb download it occasionally goes to 1, but virtually immediately goes back to O. The uploads work very well with apparently do problems.
If it had never worked since the download - I could easily understand that, but it worked ok, however much more slowly.
I have tried opposite button clicking the selected song and finding more sources, re-connecting, etc. it brings movement to the screen but no downloads. I have not download one song for the last week. Some say connecting, some say queued, most say need more sources, even though loads show varying degrees of completion, no donloading is actually happening, which is why I wrote to the company to see if they could help.
i have taken the pro off the machine and run the free download and it worked fine, so I re-installed the pro and hey presto no more downloads. I accept the problem lies with the Pro but I don't know how to correct it.
I am seriously thinking of ditching the Pro and just using the free download which worked fine.
Thank you for your interest.