View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2005
Apprentice

roast is flying high
Exclamation Developers please note:limewire issues

I have a few issues with limewire that i would like the program developers(or whatever) to adress, or, at least give me information on how to rectify these issues.
NOTE:I am ready to stand corrected if any of my information is false.

1-Limewire popping up without permission.
It has come to my attention that many Limewire users are experiencing the program opening up without them knowing. This issue has happened to myself and my friends. In another post, it is said that Limewire popping up unnessesarily is due to a virus putting a shortcut in the startup menu. This is NOT true. Using the latest editions of Norton Security, Panda, and AD-Aware, i have found no trace of virus placing a shortcut in the start menu. Instead of Moderators having to advise people unnessesarily to scan for viruses, i think the limewire developers should rectify this problem themselves, instead of falsely blaming viruses.

2-Limewire still operates when "apparently" disconnected.
This problem may or may not be related to the issue above. It seems that limewire still operates when the dialog in the extreme bottom left of the window says "disconnected". Other users still download files from me when i hope to be disconnected. And, as limewire keeps popping up every time i close it(issue one) i cannot stop people sucking up my bandwith. On a 56k modem, i cant afford it.

3-Limewire.com banner:"no spyware, no adware" lies.
Limewire has been classified as BOTH spyware and adware, and also "nagware"
I do not want to get into this right now, but i advise readers ot check out this page, just to be aware:

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/p...x?id=453088059

Finally, i am not trying to bring the gnutella system down. I use Limewire everyday as a file transfer program between my friends, and I, like many others, would breathe a sigh of releif to see at least one of these issues rectified.

Yours Sincerely,
Michael.