View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2006
Apprentice

MrEman is flying high
Default just a clarification

Okay. This is what I am talking about. I can search JUST the artist. However if I want something specific, and I mean very specific, again for example,

Artist: (the) M**k**es (I rarely use "the". I mostly use M**k**s, B**tl*s etc.)

Album Title: P*cses,Aqu*rius,C*pricorn, and J**es LTD (which is an official album title)

I then get the message search is too specific. Please shorten your search terms. Or something to that affect.

Just that particular M**k**s album title does not fit in the space.

And when searching for rare and/or bootlegs, alot of the specific titles (sans artist) do not fit in the search terms.

Again an example (completely made up, but doesn't fir the search parameters)

Artist: T**tula

Album Title: C**e into My P***r, said the sp*der to the fl*.

If you use that or something like that you will get the "too specific" message.

Even that "Album Title" would be "too specific" for a search.

Now were I to search JUST T**ntula, I would get many re***** I do not want, I may already have, or everything currently being traded by Tarantula.

Which is fine. I often manage to find something rare or unexpected in a general search.

I do understand that thiongs would be a mess if I could type in (again example)

D*nny and the D**s*urs the complete and entire catalog including alternate tracks and bootlegs.

My point however is IF I were to search
"D*nny and the D**s*urs F*ssils the une*rthed f*rg*tten tr*cks".
that search would be deemed "too specific".

Do you see what I am saying?

I just get frustrated when I make a very narrow specific search, that gets rejected, or I am asked to shorten the parameters.

I cannot always search for (as you suggest) Artist and Title.

That was and is my biggest point.

The other stuff, I shall surely read up upon, but I am learning to deal with those unwanted returns in my search.

I guess my big complaint there, is that many of the "unwanteds" have the same result with new I.P. addresses, that shift as soon as you block one. I just don't see how they can do that. It's baffling to me. Not that I expect that to change. I know there are rude clowns out there who like to post that crap. Or worse, there is another entity PAYING someone to post, change addresses, post again ad nauseum.

I really like LIMEWIRE the best of all the P2P progrrams. I find more of what I want there, than any where else I have tried so far.

It amy sound like I am being overly obessive about this. I really am not. It just gets to be frustrating after a bit is all.

Thanks for the help. I will read all those links. Thanks for the taken the time to answer. Thanks for letting me sound off.

-Gonzo Guy

ILLEGAL ACTIVITY
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. We're not interested in hearing titles of copyright material on this forum!
Forum Rules (click here), & This is what you agreed to when you obtained LimeWire!

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 19th, 2006 at 07:26 AM.