View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2006
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljoebay
This topic should be left open....
and just what makes you think it will be closed????

as far as blame, the first ppl to blame are the ppl who are sharing the files...

the second ppl just might be the law, as they I'm sure are some of the sharers of such files (sting operations), and I'm also quite sure those files get spread all over because of that...

as far as real enforcement, well many users of networks make a point of logging the IP addys of ppl sharing quantities of the stuff and reporting the offenders...

I've got to say, I find the current 'trend' of super stiff penalties for mere digital images to be disturbing....WHY???? you scream, because many many times said penalties are far harsher than the person who actually abused the child gets..and that makes me think real hard before I report anyone...like think are they sharing enough of said illegal files to justify the amount of trouble they just might get into? I mean really, who did the most harm? a person who downed some images/videos, or a person who is actually doing the nasty deed (the answer should be rather obvious....)?