View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickjapa108
Can I test it for free
Can I install it without Deleting 4.10.9 pro, as long as I dont run boath at the
same time (Putting them on differant drives)
Sorry mickjapa108 I think I misunderstood your question re: pro. You can use the pro beta if you're still a registered pro user. However if your Pro has expired from the 6 months free updates & support, then you'd either need to use the basic beta or get pro again.

If you've finished your Pro period of support, then set up a new account on the computer to install the beta. And use different locations to save your downloads. That way, your present downloads won't be affected. Only with LW 4.12.6 or later are corrupted incompletes able to be resumed where they were. Otherwise start from zero % which is what would happen if you used the Beta 4.13 & then jumped back to 4.10.6 in the same user account. Unless of course you backed up your download preferences (download.dat & .bak & perhaps main prefs folder also just in case of different behaviour with 4.13. Though from what I've observed, general behaviour seems to be the same as with at least 4.12.6.)