View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2002
Novicius

eagl3Eyes is flying high
Arrow

<quote>
* Partial file downloading: if a user has a partial file, portions of it can be downloaded by others who are downloading the file from multiple sources. Xolox also does this, and it really speeds up download times (and helps the network a lot).
</quote>

I definitly agree and think that should be not too dificult to implement the only really new thing would have to be the mecanism that interrupts an upload if the hosts download is 'overrun' - Besides that obviously the new Shared file type that can publish that file as shared even thoug it has a .dl extension

<quote>
* Better interface: the colors and buttons are great, but the columns are too cluttered, and some input boxes appear to be missing in resolutions under 1024x768 pixels. Use kilobytes instead of bytes when displaying file sizes and progress meters.
</quote>

I disagree for sure on the KB issue it is important sometimes to see that exact byte number to find and recognize more likely identical versions (Who know if a changed MP3 tag appends in front or after ? it may make enough difference to be aware of)

<quote>
* Continuous search: when a search is performed, continue searching the network indefinetely until the search query box is closed manually. Xolox does this, and returns far more results than any other app out there.
</quote>

Yes see my 2nd post in the 'Future Ports' Thread regarding this !

cheers