View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2007
Straight G

Pointman is flying high
Exclamation Do I Set My Router to Default Gateway or My IP Address

I try not to post too many question's mainly because I know there has to be a thread that has already answered it.
Plus I don't like it when a Guy won't do his own research,so please know I have searched & read for over 3 months on Port Forwarding & configuring Limwire within WinXPproSPII Firewall & My Belkin F5D5231-4 Router.
But My question is really short & simple to ask.
When it comes time to configure the IP Address within the Router do I set the IP Address to that of the Default Gateway ?
Or to the Ip Address that the Router has Dolled out to My Particular PC ?

I have 4 PC's here @ the House & all are Hard-Wired over to the Belkin Router & to Me it seems that if I select the IP Address that the Router has given to My PC then that would send it directly to My PC, but what about the other PC's on My Home Network?
Do I have to add a Port for each and every PC that is using the Router?
Or do I just set the Virtual Server Setting(Port Forward) within the Router to the Default Gateway?

Please any help & Consideration towards this new Limewire User will be greatly appreciated !
PS; Yes I realize that Clearwire is blocking the Gutella Ports But I still seem to get a decent bandwith at times & at other times I don't get Sh!t.

Last edited by Pointman; February 3rd, 2007 at 02:34 PM.