Thread: TODOs?
View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2002

Moak is flying high

> Moak can you help me to write a 'MFC' interface if a person don't like one of the skins?

Oh boy, I just write MFC b/c my Windows programs need a grafic user interface and it's fast... I not really like it or good in it. But for sure I help you where I know something!!

Why don't use plain Win32 as you did and use normal Windows controls instead of your owner draw controls? You can design dialogs in the MSVC resource editor and load/use them with Win32 (no need for MFC if you don't want to use it). About resources, you could also include every string in the resource ("String Table"), this offers the possibility of loading the resources dynamic and when dialogs and all output is in it, there could be different resource-DLLs for different languages.
I still want to learn from your pure-Win32-skinable techniques. I think this is much cooler than MFC dialogs... as a I told I use it b/c it's very fast to create GUIs and owner draw controls are the same no matter if using MFC or Win32 (handling WM_PAINT).

Greets, Moak

PS: Yes, I like sex and drugs and chocolate more than pizza. You got me.

Last edited by Moak; February 26th, 2002 at 05:39 AM.