View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2008
Apprentice

mattsters2 is flying high
Default Download speeds - Will Pro version (turbo) really help?

I've got five or six computers all running limewire, and I noticed that the download\upload speeds vary quite a bit from computer to computer. One of them is incredibly fast, oddly, that is one my slower computers, tried different things; network cards, different ip's, different versions, (haven't tried pro version yet myself because a friend had pro version, hooked his tower into my network and didn't seem any faster than mine.) guess could try Pro and comment on it. One thing that seems to work is going to the task manager\view\update speed\selecting high (refresh rate) seems to increase speed by 20% to 25% on all computers. Trying to understand it better! Play and Learn I guess! If I find how to improve it I'll reply. I see alot of comments on connection problems. Once in awhile I need to go to (upper left tab) click file\connect on one computer. Here's another question! Where do I make replies, comments, or state an idea? **Running 10 meg broadband cable service, with modem to router (using only a single port of router) to 14 port concentrator to computers (2000 pro on one, XP on the rest)** (This is fastest means acheived thus far) Also someone needs to make a easier link to a new thread, found myself seaching for it! Should be easier than it is, (for us new people).