View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2009
Novicius

Daang is flying high
Default Search function working poorly after installing new Phex version (3.4.0.110)

I recently updated to the 3.4.0.110 version of Phex, and since doing that, my searches are not working well. For example, if I did a search for J** W****** (a singer) before I installed the new version, and ran it through 3 or 4 times, I might get 30-60 legitimate hits (some duplicates), not counting the spam hits. Now - with the new version - if I do the same search 3 or 4 times, I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 legitimate finds. The spam hits occur as they did before. When I downloaded the new version, something called phex_win.magma downloaded, too, and I haven't installed that (or maybe I did install it, but didn't do the file export that it recommended; I can't remember for sure). But from what I've read here, the magma download isn't related to the new phex download. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or does anyone know how I can fix it? If not, can anyone tell me if it's possible to return to the older version of Phex I was using?
Thanks for any help anyone can give.
- Daang

Last edited by GregorK; January 14th, 2009 at 01:13 AM.