View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2009
Devotee

wakedaddy820 is flying high
Default New Suggestion

Well, like I mentioned in the post, I did a quick search for those ranks. A new system is definitely welcome! lol As I side note, I chose the ranks from two different lists, as you mentioned: Army and Navy. Seeing as this is not a military forum, I did not see a reason to choose all from one or the other. In defense of my listing for lieutenant, I've always thought of such a position to be a high ranking official (obtained from knowledge while my father is both in the army and a police officer), however, I admit I could be completely wrong on that. Alas, the interval of 1000 was randomly chosen without knowlegde of how many posts an avid forum user would post. I saw someone with over 6000 posts and judged from that. Maybe an interval of 50 would be more fitting? Also, I found a thread that mentioned "Newbies" and so I thought I might change my suggestion of "Rookie" to that. In light of this new information, might I suggest the following:

Newbie: 0-49 posts
Ensign: 50-99 posts
Admiral: 100-199 posts
Brigadier: 200-299 posts
Captain: 300-399 posts
Colonel: 400-499 posts
Commander: 500-599 posts
Lieutenant: 600+ posts

And again, if anyone has a suggestion for a different order or even different title names, I welcome any and all.

Furthermore, I would like to mention that I like Blackhorse's idea for Cub Scout through Boy Scout ranks. I'm not sure about Cub Scout ranks but if I might suggest an order:

Scout > Tenderfoot > Second Class > First Class > Star > Life > Eagle

This hierarchy falls in with the idea of seven (7) titles I previously mentioned, as well. And this order I know because, unfortunately, I am "Life for Life" and am currently a Leader in my local Troop.