View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2009
Uninformed not ignorant

moteprime is flying high
Default Success..sort of

Well, I hoped maybe there was another way but I had to pull the drive and take it to...the parents house. You see they're in the late 70's...and they stand behind me watching in amazement the whole time. It drives me [B]nuts[B]. About four years back I upgraded the ram and they videotaped me! It took about 20 mins. to get the BIOS to admit the UNKNOWN DEVICE was in fact a hard drive it told me that it was operating way out of spec-duh-continue?y caused it to start chkdisc and 15 minutes of nail biting BAD SECTORs wah-la files! Not only did I manage to copy out all music folders (including some from Real-pos-Player I'd totally forgotten),but my firefox preferences http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Recovering+important+data+from+an+old+profileand LW 4.14.10 PRO.Then I burned my fingers removing the drive. OH WELL....On the phone issue I will definitely check further in Skype...the end of long distance put it on the back burner for me. The whole question seems to be one of those grey legal areas we know so well. But hidden in the dark recesses of the T-M site is a 9.99/mo. with 30 day free trial. That will let me download BOLT and go on from there. I hate to use software that is purposely crippled, which takes me off to another thread. Thank you all.