View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2010
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Some gripes about LW 5:

1. I cannot believe the LW programmers were not aware or forward thinking enough to add the .m4v extension to video types of files. It's easy to say that's dumb now. In LW 4 & unless I'm mistaken some earlier versions of LW 5, users could add their own extensions. With LW 5.5 & Pirate version such .m4v files are categorised into the 'Other' types of files, with no information on them at all. I duplicated one video m4v file, changed the extension to mp4, and the hits became over 20,000 compared to the m4v version which had 60 hits in the 'Other' category both in 'shared' at same time from restart of LW. By changing the extension to mp4, QuickTime is unable to see the custom chapters (VLC can however.)

2. LW never re-added the Library description ability which LW 4 had. Nor did they return the option for extended tooltips. This was one of the major things that held me back from upgrading to LW 5 full-time. Try adding a description to a video file & see what happens. Nothing. Video files do include date & rating, but not much more. No actual custom description. Likewise for other types of files except mp3 & perhaps images. With LW 4 using the advanced description tool, you could add different kinds of descriptions to any file & even have the file multi categorised.

3. LW 5 does not accept less than 3 letter extensions in it's extension filter. Try filtering out .qt .. the only way to do it is to use the Keyword filter.