View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2011
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

I think the splash screen there is meant to be a bit of a joke. Years ago there was a video on youtube about LW & the splash screen seems to be a snapshot from that: YouTube - You are a pirate

Yes you could lose your settings (though not your saved files, providing that you saved to a safe location & not within Program Files etc) if you switched versions.
If you wanted to switch at any stage, you'd need to back up LW's preferences folder before switching & then replace the prefs folder with your backup, once you'd installed the new version.

If you ever do want to switch, check out this thread for the location of LW's preferences folder & other important info regarding incomplete downloads: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/window...ng-should.html
Important - if you ever want to replace the preferences folder, LW must be properly closed first. Check in Task Manager... if there's a LW process running, end the process. Replace the folder & then restart LW - your old preferences should be in place

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclay View Post
That aside.. seems to work fine though in my seeds I seem to get allot of "Invalid request" errors from downloaders.. I am assuming that it may have something to do with firewalls though I have opened a port for mine.
Are these torrent files?

You can check your firewall status within Tools > Advanced Tools. There you'll see whether you're behind a firewall & whether or not you support transfers.