View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2002
Unregistered

Default Limewire ....Check out this ground breaking new p2p technology

As much as I love LimeWire...http:www.furthurnet.com has the best p2p client I ve seen so far...why? well this is what blows me away......As i am downloading a file on their network...even before it is done downloading...other users are connected to me and upload the file I am downloading from me..Coupled with multisource downloading...this is the fastest and most efficient way of transferring files I ve ever witnessed..My download speeds average 40 - 80 Kbs...furthermore...the client performs checksums on my files downloaded...their are no incomplete files on this network...My download success rate averages over 90%...i am able to connect to virtually every user.

Belive me, I do appreciate the effort Limewire is putting into gnutella...but at the moment...the current Limewire client has left me with less connections and available files....I ve lost interest in the client for the moment until the kinks are worked out...

www.furthurnet.com is DEFINETELY worth checking out...if their technollogy could be incorporated into Limewire I thuink Gnutella would significantly improve...