View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2002
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: ip test please?

Quote:
Originally posted by donnamb
I would like to test my IP address as mentioned above. I have uploaded quite a few files since I first logged into Gnutella last night, but they cannot be found in a search. I use a Mac at home with a broadband connection and limewire 2.7.13. I believe I have enabled the ip to be forced and followed all other suggestions for uploading and downloading. Still, I am concerned my files are not available to others.

Thank you,

Donna

Check your library tab in limewire under the uploads column x/y
where x is a successful upload and y is an attempted upload. If you see values for x then everything is working okay. If you see values in y then that means that an attempt was made but may have been aborted for some reason usually at the remote users request.

As for you not finding the files you have uploaded. Please keep in mind that because someone uploaded files from you doesn't mean that they will share them. Also it is a high likelyhood that if they are sharing the files they are outside of your search horizon or, you are filtering the results coming from those hosts by applying the techniques discussed in my first post.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps.