View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2003
Disciple

dawgawn is flying high

re: everyone could modify it and put a leech version on his website.

I, for one, couldn't... and I dare say a majority of LimeWire subscribers couldn't. Further, I suspect that a good portion of those left who could, wouldn't either. Most of us just want a no-hassle means of innocuously downloading files. Modifying, leeching?? There exists, no doubt, a small core of individuals who gain some perverse sense of satisfaction screwing around with this stuff... most of us just want to 'make love–not war'

That being said... nothing in what you've said addresses my initial concerns... LimeWire in unintuitive, unfriendly, and generally undependable. A reading of the majority (make that "vast majority") backs this up.

So, a rehashing of all the things one can and need do to minimize heartache and anguish in LimeWire merely re-emphasizes the point. Users will jump ship before dawn on the very morning of the day something dependable, intuitive and friendly shows up. I, and a reading of postings to this site will tell you 'most' of LimeWire subscribers are just plain frustrated.

This is what needs to be addrerssed!