View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2003
Distinguished Member

trap_jaw is flying high
Default Re: Not so sure...

Quote:
Originally posted by Angus
Actually if you were just a bit less computer savy and more up on the english language, you would see that the problem came about for me with introduction of 2.8.6.
You know, the one you don't even use any more?
Read more, post less.
I am far from the only computer dullard that got up and going with the old version, no sweat, and have had the bottom fall out with this supposed upgrade.
I didn't pay for it, so who really cares - but others did.
They have begun posting too.
This is a shared network with shared problems.
If you want any of music, tough crap now because I get frustrated and quit far more frequently now.
"REQUERY" over and over and over and over...
It is our problem - but I obviously can do nothing to fix it except point out when it fails. (I write books for a living not programs.)

Later, much

Angus
I don't write programs for living either. If I had to, I'd probably starve. So if you want me (or one of the other open source developers - the LimeWire developers are already busy improving things) to help you, you have to be a little cooperative and give us a few bits of information like if you are seeing any error messages or what operating system you are using - maybe even give a short description of the problem.
This post tells me at least that your problem is related to the requery mode. I assume that most of your downloads go into requery mode without ever finishing. Okay. There is no quick fix for this (except for searching for that file again which might help occasionally), this issue is being addressed, wait for the next version since it will change the network topolgy to improve searches & downloads.

So long you could simply use another p2p client: There are eDonkey, DirectConnect and OpenNap clients for nearly every operating system (including MacOS). For windows there is also Kazaa and Piolet. Switch back to LimeWire when it has become better than the rest.