View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2001
Apprentice

badger is flying high
Default Mac Betas - Missing Two Option Tabs

Congratulations on an excellent and very stable program.

I thought you would find it useful to know that both Mac Beta versions 1.5 and 1.6 are missing the last 2 "Options" tabs (Filters, Advanced) on one of my machines (iMac 233), but present on my other machine (PowerBase with G3 accelerator). On the latter machine everything works perfectly and completely.

In addition to the missing Options tabs, Limewire on the iMac does not preserve changes to any options involving typing in a value (that is, the cancel, apply, and OK buttons don't work; they just turn dark colored with a click and nothing else).

Both machines run OS 8.6 with _all_ latest Apple software updates, and they are connected to a LinkSys Cable Router with latest firmware. I use the most minimal extension set (that is, to get online) for both machines, using latest version of Conflict Catcher. Limewire folders on each machine have an identical installation of files and file sizes.

I have rebuilt desktop and ran latest Norton Utilities and DiskWarrior, with no effect.

I have made many installation attempts, always with no extensions loaded (shift-key down). I always give application at least 20mb memory.

With the exception of the Options problems, Limewire works fine on iMac.

Thanks

P.S. Increased application memory and minimal extension set has reduced freezes and other problems down to 1 error per 20 hours of usage.