View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2003
Devotee

rockkeys is flying high

Cool! Talk it over with the team, and see if it makes sense to them. It just seemed right to me, and I figured I might suggest it. Your data-mining guy, or whoever does the pages may be interested in the idea.

And yes, I realize it's a low priority. So if it doesn't make the next release, no one's going to cry. Put it in when you can. To me, it would make the pages much more readable, and that's the idea, isn't it?

I'm impressed that the team does read the beta list, and I'm also impressed with the caliber of people on the team. A nice product, and painless to install and configure. It's a far cry from gtk-gnutella, which took me 12 hours to get working, and which still has a nasty bug that crashes it once it a while. Considering that it required 10 third-party libs that also had to be ported, tested, and built from source, it's not a program for everyone. Too bad I have to use a commercial compiler, one that's very different from cgg/g++. I hear it's much more painless if you have GNU tools, as it should just compile.

But plugging in a 'pure java' app is so nice. It just works. And the look and feel is much less painful for the developer too ;-)

I will continue to use and evaluate the beta, and hope I can find some better suggestions for you.

Regards,
--Rockkeys