View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2001
Unregistered

Talking Praise/Bug/Request

First let me say that I am Limewire fan. Back in my stupid-days I used Bearshare which worked fine, but I am furious that about what Bearshare does to your operating system without permission. (When you install Bearshare, it permanently alters your Windows registry, throwing out everything that should be there except for about 3 or 4 items. When my volume control disappeared on the fourth computer I installed it on, I finally traced the common thread back to Bearshare, but it was way too late) DON'T INSTALL BEARSHARE!

To get back on track... I upgraded my Limewire to 1.6 as soon as it became available. It works well and I am quite happy with the latest version. Most notably I like sending it to the tray so I can forget about it and let others share from me all they like.

I do however want to report a small bug. (It's good to report small bugs because that means that there are no major bugs to worry about). On the Monitor tab, I click once to highlight an item that has somebody either downloaded, is downloading, or attempted to download. But before I even have the time to move my mouse to choose what action I want (Kill Selected, Clear Inactive, or Options...), the item always UN-highlights! This makes it impossible to actually use the "Kill Selected" feature since you don't have enough time to click that button after you highlight an item (and don't even try highlighting multiple items).

Now one multi-part request for version 1.7 or 2.0 (whichever is next). First, you should have a "launch limewire when Windows (or other OS) starts". This should only be recommended for those with "always on" connections to the internet. Second, that feature should have an additional option to start minimized in the system tray. This will greatly increase the number of hosts sharing files.

Thank you Limewire