View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2004
filesharing-retard

KayaMan is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by et voilą
Ok, now that you "updated" the gnutella support. I've done tests. I used Phex so I can connect to 3 Morp420 ultrappers while I'm a leaf. I've done searches for things VERY popular so I can get hits on the first hop (leaves on morpheus UP, so likely morpheus leaves -50% of GnucDNA UPs leaves are GnucDNAs-). NEVER a Morph result popped up! Only bearshares, LWs and shareazas. I'll now tell LW devs to ban your POS again. I see what you do. You reserve Morph bandwidth to Noenet downloads so Morpheus gets others bandwidth + 100% of morph bandwidth. That is call bast*rd leeching!

Die streamcast.
Would be nice if you had some concrete evidence of this and noted what you actually search for.
For sake of argument and addressing this as a real concern, I started up a client and watched outgoing traffic with some files shared.
Connected to a Limewire 4.0.7 Ultrapeer I see outgoing queryhits, pongs, and vendor messages returned by gnucDNA to gnutella. I have attached a screenshot of this.
So what are you on about ??

Furthermore, what you state about 'reserving' all bandwidth for NEOnet is an utter joke. It's funny you think stating something with exclamations at the end of the sentence makes it true.
Morpheus by default opens 8 upload slots for BOTH gnutella and NEOnet and doesn't cap bandwidth to one or the other with any preference. Users can change this if they please.
Nice try, but morpheus isn't a leech.

"I'll now tell LW devs to ban your POS again" , luckily this means squat coming from you. But while you're at it, can you tell Greg or whatever wand you have that makes LW jump to also stop world hunger? thanks in advance.

All in all, we take feedback of any bad behavior or bugs seriously, to be good gnutella community citizens. Whether you believe it or not, using updated gnutella protocol was important to Morpheus and any client using gnucDNA for that matter. John Marshall put a lot of work into it so at the least you may in the future perform some tests that give back real concrete data before spouting off. when there's garbage coming from your mouth it makes it tough to want to respond, but if there are real concerns of bad behavior we ourselves didn't catch I can assure you it's in our interest to address them and so we do. Now that the latest Morpheus is using the latest gnucDNA with the streamlined g1 protocol introducing many more clients using it onto the network, it's not completely unheard of for there to be some potential bugs -- but what you claim surely isn't. Even so..we'll spend some more time looking into it.

by the way, using the word 'rape' and then calling Morpheus devs "stoopid"... hmmmmm. You should reconsider your position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg query_hits_g1.jpg (27.4 KB, 253 views)