|Register||FAQ||The Twelve Commandments||Members List||Calendar||Arcade||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Connection Problems Problems getting the LimeWire program connecting to the Gnutella network.
(not about connecting to files, that is a Download/Upload Problems section issue.) Please supply system details as described in the forum rules.
Start here Suggestions to help you get connected, * try here first *, then see below (click on 'this' blue link)
Did you FORGET something BEFORE you posted? If you post in this section you MUST provide these details: System details - help us to help you (click on 'this' blue link), else do not be surprised if your posting is ignored :)
| Welcome To Gnutella Forums |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, fun aspects such as the image caption contest and play in the arcade, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! (click here)
If you have any problems with the Gnutella Forum registration process or your Gnutella Forum account login, please contact us (this is not for program use questions.) Your email address must be legitimate and verified before becoming a full member of the forums. Please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that email messages can reach you.
Note: Any other issue with registration, etc., send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the active Administrators: Lord of the Rings or Birdy.
Once registered but before posting, members MUST READ the FORUM RULES (click here) and members should include System details - help us to help you (click on blue link) in their posts if their problem relates to using the program. Whilst forum helpers are happy to help where they can, without these system details your post might be ignored. And wise to read How to create a New Thread
If you are a Spammer click here.
This is not a business advertising forum, all member profiles with business advertising will be banned, all their posts removed. Guests and search engines cannot view member profiles.
Hilfe in Deutsch, . Ayuda en español, . Aide en français . et . LimeWire en français, . Hulp in het Nederlands
Before you post to one of the specific Client Help and Support Conferences in Gnutella Client Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. Also the red Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. (over 90 percent).
If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing please do not be shy! Everyone was ‘new’ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
Your Operating System ....... Your version of your Gnutella Client (* this is important for helping solve problems) ....... Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) ....... The exact error message, if one pops up
Any other relevant information that you think may help ....... Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you. To aid helpers in solving download/upload problems, LimeWire and Frostwire users must specify whether they are downloading a torrent file or a file from the Gnutella network.
Members need to supply these details >>> System details - help us to help you (click on blue link)
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the House Rules will be deleted.
Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the House Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences. File names are not required to discuss your issues. If filenames are copyright then do not belong on these forums & will be edited out or post removed. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using in signatures.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific Gnutella Client sections for LimeWire, Phex, FrostWire, BearShare, Gnucleus, Morpheus, and many more. Please choose the correct section for your problem.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the House Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the moderators online.
10. Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. Commercial weblinks cannot be used under any circumstances and will result in an immediate ban.
13. Failure to show that you have read the forum rules may result in forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban. Supplying system details is a prerequisite in most cases, particularly with connection or installation issues.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank You! Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
I run DSL through Verizon and am having a problem too.. I (dont yell at me) tried to use Kazaa and Blubster to see if I was able to use them too... NOPE still says I am behind a firewall and am unable to download... This is really getting frustrating to say the least. I have called Verizon but they said my modem doesn't have a firewall and I have none on my computer... So I dont know. But I am about at the end of my rope
As far as my experience, Comcast doesn't actually block any ports, ot filter P2P in any way. The only thing they do is state that doing anything with P2P is naughty, by doing so you're supporting the terrorists, and you will go to hell.
OK, so I'm paraphrasing.
OK, so I'm paraphrasing a LOT...
my problems first started in KaZaA, then i switched to Shareaza, and that worked wonderfully for quite a while, but then out of the blue all it'll DL from is eDonkey clients, which have enormous and unreasonable queues (?lol?)...so now i have transitioned to LW and its very satisfying in terms of search speeds and results (even though ive seen the same filenames on Shareaza; it uses Gnutella as well) but i just cant get the damned firewall thing to go away!!!! I H8 BELKIN!
Here's another to add to the list: Bellsouth which services the Southeastern U.S. Their official position is as follows (it's a tad long, bear with them):
There has been considerable publicity recently concerning copyright owner complaints of the wide spread problem of unlawful sharing and downloading of music and video files over the Internet. If you are copying music like Norah Jones recent Grammy's-winning CD, movies, or other copyrighted material over the Internet without the copyright owner's permission, you may be breaking the law!
In your BellSouth® Internet Service Service Agreement, you agreed not to transmit or publish on or over the BellSouth Internet Service any information, software, or other content that violates or infringes upon the rights of any others or to use the facilities or capabilities of our Internet Service to conduct any activity that is prohibited by law. Your use of our Internet Service is also governed by BellSouth's Acceptable Use Policies ("AUPs"), which are posted online behind the "Legal Notices" link at the bottom of the home page of the Service. Our AUPs specifically prohibit:
Failing to obtain all required permissions to receive, upload, download, display, distribute, reproduce, use, make, sell, perform or execute a program, copyrighted content or other works protected by intellectual property laws. Violations of the above terms may result in a demand by BellSouth for immediate removal of the offending material, blocked access, suspension or termination of your Service. Furthermore, with regard to certain allegations of intellectual property infringement involving such activities, BellSouth, as an Internet Service Provider (ISP), may be required to release, under the subpoena provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), identification information about you, our subscriber, to a copyright holder who could then use that information to bring legal action against you.
As a general rule the subscriber is the copyright owner of any file that subscriber solely creates for his or her own exclusive use. The copyright to any other file (such as software programs, music and video files created by others) is typically owned by its creator, by commercial vendors, or by other individual users, and it is generally illegal for the subscriber to reproduce such file in any part or in any form, except by permission of such copyright owner or under an appropriate statutory exception. If you do not have such permission and do not already know if you fall into one of the statutory exceptions, you may be violating the terms of your Service Agreement with BellSouth and engaging in unlawful activity that could lead to any of the adverse actions described above. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you are acting lawfully before engaging in any file sharing activities when using your BellSouth Internet Service.
So they're going to rat us out, but after checking out the forums and running the tests, they are blocking, it's a conspiracy, but I'll try to be the last man standing. Smoke 'em if you got 'em! A big shout out to LOTR, UK Bob, Grandpa and Billabong...missed you guys, but I'm back!
In most markets now, especially the California markets, gnutella uploads are blocked. If you look at your connections, they either send a small amount of data and are aborted, or are aborted before they even start.
Also, in Humboldt County (Eureka area), Bittorrent is severely throttled. You can not even reach steady 56k speeds on torrents there.
RIAA/MPAA is twisting too much words about copyrights.
tele2 in italy?
Does anyone know if my port 6346 could be blocked by tele 2 in Italy? Only recently that we've had problems. Again like others says it's connecting, but nothing happens. Any advice in simple terms ? Thanks in Advance, Tina
Re: tele2 in italy?
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connection-problems/33712-isps-known-block-filter-p2p-specifically-limewire.html
|problemi multiplayer - Forum Utenti a vapore "||This thread||Refback||December 30th, 2012 07:03 AM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Slow Donwloads||This thread||Refback||May 23rd, 2011 07:39 PM|
|FrostWire Community Forums • View topic - Comcast Throttling/Uploading cutoff||This thread||Refback||May 18th, 2011 04:44 PM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||February 3rd, 2011 06:02 PM|
|PS3-Hacks.com / ISP blocks P2P||This thread||Refback||August 14th, 2010 03:23 PM|
|multiplayer problems - Steam Users' Forums||This thread||Refback||August 11th, 2010 01:28 PM|
|Untitled document||This thread||Refback||August 5th, 2010 11:38 PM|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Important!!!!!!! A Fix for those whose ISP's block Limewire||Ne0teric||Connection Problems||139||November 12th, 2008 03:41 PM|
|Searching OS-specifically||rastapanda||General Mac OSX Support||1||November 9th, 2004 11:20 AM|
|Sharing files specifically||hey_suburbia||Open Discussion topics||0||October 13th, 2003 07:06 AM|
|Peerbuddy A P2P Firewall/Quality Filter Beta block list now at 2,200,00 IPs Blocked||alextheseal||General Gnutella / Gnutella Network Discussion||0||March 5th, 2003 08:01 AM|