View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2005
Novicius

archaeum is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by RoninBK
That doesn't mean anything regarding your ability to use Limewire. That's just the standard "If we catch you, you're screwed" message. The only thing that actually seems to be prevented is registering a domain to your assigned IP number. (You could of course assign a domain to your Personal Web Page space though)

As far as my experience, Comcast doesn't actually block any ports, ot filter P2P in any way. The only thing they do is state that doing anything with P2P is naughty, by doing so you're supporting the terrorists, and you will go to hell.

OK, so I'm paraphrasing.

OK, so I'm paraphrasing a LOT...
well, comcast may not be blocking my ports...but no matter what i try on my belkin wireless router, be it port-forwarding, turning off NAT, or even disabling my firewall entirely, i just cant get the damned firewall to go away!

my problems first started in KaZaA, then i switched to Shareaza, and that worked wonderfully for quite a while, but then out of the blue all it'll DL from is eDonkey clients, which have enormous and unreasonable queues (?lol?)...so now i have transitioned to LW and its very satisfying in terms of search speeds and results (even though ive seen the same filenames on Shareaza; it uses Gnutella as well) but i just cant get the damned firewall thing to go away!!!! I H8 BELKIN!